Thursday, April 29, 2010

8th Grade Relief Sculptures






I love the energy I get from trying things that new. I recently presented the 8th graders with the challenge of creating an abstract relief sculpture. We looked at several different working artists to get ideas from them. The first artist was Carlos Molina. Carlos creates all kinds of awesome sculptures using just paper (the girls were especially fond of his page of shoes he designed....out of paper!). We then looked at Dale Chihuly (one of my fav's). Dale is a glass artist that creates wonderful abstract sculptures. To further prepare my artists for their project, we looked at some examples of relief sculptures. The results were fabulous! These artists created great works of art....I'm so proud of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment